Exotic bird under moon


This hobknob is my interpretation of a snapshot of an exotic bird caught in a moonlit evening. I chose the black and white fabric to represent the backdrop of a starry night and combined it with the cheetah print and  flowers to create the feel of an exotic atmosphere. The large black and rhinestone antique button plays the part of the moon and the over sized trim gives it added dimension.
                                                                                   

Close up of the button. Notice that it is missing one rhinestone. I considered replacing it but in the end opted not to because I liked the added character the missing rhinestone gave the piece.









I like the way the gold tone of this vintage bird pin contrasts against the blacks, whites, and silvers of the piece. He appears to be caught in the moonlight, bathing in it and glowing from it.















View of the back.













I like to name all of the hobknobs I create and this one is called "Through the Looking Glass".

1 comments:

traffictieup said...

Woah this blog is excellent i really like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You recognize, a lot of persons are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.

Zorb Balls Hire

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.